About Alan Jervis
Alan Jervis is both an accredited and experienced Insurance Expert Witness. Alan is also an accredited Expert Determiner specialising in the insurance sector and trade disputes.
In order to best serve his legal community clients, Alan is committed to remaining up to date on insurance industry custom and practice as well as changes in the legal, regulatory and economic environment affecting the way insurance is underwritten and the way in which insurance policies are serviced. This includes knowledge and experience with regard to the way in which claims are handled and adjusted.
Alan is an active insurance practitioner. He is also an accredited insurance auditor and peer reviewer within both the London, Continental and North American insurance markets. As an accredited instructor to the Chartered Insurance Institute, he teaches insurance courses on a regular basis and participates in insurance education initiatives.
Alan also attends professional development courses to build on his existing expertise and to ensure that he is current on industry practices.
Alan is a Member of the Academy of Experts, a Fellow of the Chartered Insurance Institute and Chartered Insurer and is also a vetted member of the UK Register of Experts.
- Over 40 years experience as an insurance underwriter, claims adjuster, subrogation specialist and instructor to various industries.
- Working experience in the UK, London, French, Canadian and American insurance industries.
- Coverholder auditor for London market and European insurers
- Employed as an international casualty adjuster by Lloyd’s Syndicate
- Peer review of Lloyd’s Syndicate casualty claims
- Reserve validation: Lloyd’s Syndicates
- Retained as an expert witness in over 40 cases in the United Kingdom, Canada, USA and Singapore.
- Testified as an expert at 4 trials and over 12 pre-trial hearings and depositions.
- Elected as a full practising member of the Academy of Experts in 2020
- Vetted Member of the UK Register of Experts
- Elected as Fellow of the Chartered Insurance Institute, UK
- Elected as Chartered Insurer of the Chartered Insurance Institute, UK
- Elected as a Member of the Rules and Practice Committee of the Association of Average Adjusters from 1994 to 2000
- Elected as a Member of the Loss Prevention Committee of the International Union of Marine Insurance from 1993 to 1998
- Elected as a Member of the Joint IUMI and International P and I Working Group on general Average in 1996
- Elected as Vice-President Canadian Board of Marine Underwriters 199 to 2000
- President and Chief Agent of Maritime Insurance Company, Canada 1994 to 1996
- President of Canada Security Insurance Company 1989 to 1995
- Owner and President of underwriting agency from 1996 to 2000
- Responsible for run off of property and casualty business for Norwich Union Insurance Group Canada 1985 to 1996
- Over 3 years experience as wholesale agent
- Regional underwriting manager of insurer from 2011 to 2018
- Accredited course provider for the Chartered Insurance Institute, London
- Former accredited course provider for the Insurance Institute of Canada, IBAO and RIBO
Jervis ICI Ltd. Edwinstowe House Mansfield Nottinghamshire UK NG21 9PR